Friday 27 February 2009

End of the last day of summer

The sun has faded into the west and is heading north of the equator to visit our American and European friends, and we sink wearily into the hours of dark.  I am certain that if we turn out the light, our collective sun burnished skin would glow with accumulated retained heat.

We girls are sitting watching movies.  Geni, Leonnie and Haley are arranged around the house.  Geni is heating chicken pasta and penne bolognaise for Haley and herself, Leonnie is watching episodes of the OC for the hundreth time on the laptop in her bedroom, and Haley is curled on a lounge while I am on the other.

Tony left at 8ish this morning and we have not seen or heard from him since.  But all is well here, at home.  Three loads of washing has been soaked, washed and is now hung and drying.    Geni and Haley will spend an hour working on a  school project and in a little while I will go to sleep.   I have done some work and made myself stop. FOR TODAY.  

What will tomorrow bring.  

Next weekend the girls are at Dopey's place and I am already exploring possibilities of places to go.  What lies in wait for me?



3 comments:

  1. I wish we lived close to each other. We could get together for coffee, and to visit. Sounds like the evening was relaxing. Or maybe it wasn't with girlies all over the place. HA! I'm waiting for your Summer to come up here to the US. lol. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. I sent you a note earlier on FB. Love you bunches, and hope your weekend is going well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your snow I suspect you need some summer Xanadu!! Thanks L, I got the note.

    ReplyDelete