Thursday 26 February 2009

Late summer Friday, the year bleeding away

  • Squabbling young magpies doing the young bird equivalent of fisticuffs and filling the morning with squabbling.   
  • Fat glossy black kurrajongs perched as if stunned watching the sun rise as the traffic hummed and raced in the background
  • Heavy air, thick opaque gunmetal skies tinged softest pink while I think "Oh oh.... did I remember my umbrella?"  and rummage in the bag sung over my left shoulder as I walk. pacing myself towards the station and my train to work.
  • a Friday empty train speaking volumes of those who either slept in past their normal habitual time or who might be taking an extra long weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. So many observations. You seem so detail-oriented, and I envy people that are like that. lol. Happy Friday. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggs! How are you feeling? I've been thinking about your lungs, of all things. :)

    Hope you are doing well. It seems odd to see you writing about late summer as we wait expectantly for the kiss of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little things just seem to jump out at me. Light and shade and the tiniest of things seem to add such depth to life. Thanks Carmie, my lungs appear to be stable and have been for a few weeks so I have my fingers crossed. maggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. been worried about you!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete