Wednesday 3 June 2009

Finally

A few moments at the beginning of a day to catch up here.  Taking on a fitness challenge has shown me the importance of being organised.  I already have a full and busy active life, but factoring in JUST that little extra all about and for me is a challenge.  

To start with I have to overcome the programming that is inate in me that EVERYONE and everything they want, somehow is more important than me.  What I have learned is that if I don't put myself first, noone else will put me there.  yes  I know I do that. BUT not everyone is me.   I suspect the subtle and constant quiet reminder mantra that should underscore my thinking and doing should be "Not everyone is me."  it explains a lot.  It dissipates expectation.  It grants me ownership of myself and allows others to make their own choices in their own unique way.  In fact, it underscore our individual uniqueness and the true beauty of that.

I also have noticed some of the self sacrificing that is so much a part of me has translated to some of my grown up daughters.  The amusing part of that is that I never expected that.  Truly the book children read most is NOT the one on paper, but the one bound in shoe leather ( you and me!!) so we must be aware and conscious of the messages our lived choices are giving to them; not do as I say - more do as I do. 

I have stuck to my goal of 40 - 60 minutes Monday to Friday for almost two entire weeks now.  I am resisting the temptation to get on the scales every morning and will only weigh and more importantly, measure myself weekly.  The aim of this is to take that time to boost my metabolism and to also support my health which always dips during the winter months.  This year I am giving myself the best chance possible.

This morning I woke into a misted world with the coming morning hovering.  Just at the horizon on the east...pushing back the wreathing with silver streak of pure light.  
]
Good morning to you all!

8 comments:

  1. good on you maggs, "me' time is very important especially when you've put in the hard yards like you have.

    So will you be having a comp with snow angel as to who is fitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what chaz said. Me time is essential in every person's life. Keep up the good work. You're going to be one hot mama soon. (Well, you already are, but even HOTTER!) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know something chaz, that comp sounds like a good idea!!! D, hot is not my motivation really, health is. The Best ME I can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I keep missing your updates.
    When you were writing about putting others first every time, it made me think of Ruth on Six Feet Under. (We just watched the series again) in the end, her biggest epiphany was to take care of herself first - so common with Moms!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to put everyone else first, too. Now, when I am trying to learn that first comes me, then the rest... and still not be an egoist. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exercise is the key to a long healthy life...

    I am glad that you are taking this time for yourself.

    Interesting observation about your girls being like you about putting themselves second at times.

    Maggs, I have been reading you but it has become ore and more difficult to find time to comment.

    Just know that I am here in spirit even if my comments are sparse.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeahhh YOU!!@ I'm so happy that you taking this time for YOU and that you're not only enjoying yourself but putting YOU first. We all need to be reminded to do that from time to time. You are such a wonderful person, and are always there for everyone- I'm happy to see you're there for YOU.

    I miss you- Expect a note from me either today or tomorrow. I've been on the run.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie...Well, now you can be a HOT, healthy you. lol. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete