Friday 5 June 2009

Lazy day

Saturday and the time has half bled away.  No children to want and need, today.  Today as Slumdog Millionaire plays out the early afternoon, and brings back to me with alarming clarity my time in Mumbai/then known as Bombay, I am spending a few moments catching up with those I have long followed online and thinking my way into the weekend.  This weekend is a delight in that it is a long weekend, so although Sunday is eaten into with soccer morning I have a whole Monday to putter and potter.  

Amy and I attended the State Theatre for the world premier of a film called Disgrace - the first screening of one of 8 films competing for the $60,000 prize pot at this years Sydney Film Festival.  Intriguing story. Intriguing book.  Personally I will be surprised if this film wins.  

This morning I have sorted the kitchen garbage ( ensuring the recycling is accurate. )  I have fed the now 6 kookaburras who gather each morning for breakfast from my balcony and I have NOT done the washing.

Today is my rest day from the gym and I find I miss the morning pushing of my body!!!

Have a wonderful weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your 'downtime' and relax. You deserve it, since you are always catering to others. This should be a 'YOU' day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete