Sunday 7 June 2009

We won the soccer 5 to 1

Geni scored her first EVER goal AND the ex his girlfriend leonnie and girlfriends daughter turned up and in fact drov Geni there. Yes, peeps, hell did freeze over!!!

I arrived at the field ( our home field) half an hour early to set up the field as ours was the first game scheduled for the day. To my horror whomever had closed the evening before had NOT clsed. All rooms and storage areas were unlocked and open and the grounds were a mess. The coach and I ran aound and set up and claned up and as the others arrived Leonnie and I were chatting with two of the parents on the sideline while the team practised shooting and a soccr ball game out of nowhere at full force and hit me smack on the face.

I reeled. It spun me around. Tears ran down my face but I was not crying, and my face went numb. I stayed standing. My face was numb. I managed to keep functioning. I was grateful it was me and not Leonnie who was right next to me.

I eventually got the feeling back in my face and ther was no swelling or broken nose but I ached everywhere. I suspect my body took quite a jolt.

I went home and the Ex took both my girls and his new family and went for breakfast and took them shopping at the local mall. I did little washing and went shopping myself picking up two pairs of shoes at 75% off and a new book to read.

Geni came home to get changed for a sleepover so it was in, we left and dropped her at her friend's place and she is seeing a movie with the girls today before coming home. I just received a text asking if I was going shopping as she wants money. But I m not planning on going shopping today, so if she wants money she can catch a bus home. She won't . LOL

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the soccer win, and I hope your face recovers! Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she won the soccer game, but what a terrible thing to have happened to you, being hit by the ball. Tears would have been coming from my eyes, too, and mine WOULD have been from crying. Hope you don't turn black and blue. Poor Maggs! Keep ice on it, so it doesn't swell. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nooooooooooooooooooo!! So terribly sorry that happened to you -- hope you're ok!!!! wow also on Geni's gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the score for Geni! Glad you didn't have any recurring issues with that soccer ball hitting you. Man, that would hurt! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete