Saturday 6 June 2009

Preparations

Soccer early tomorrow morning and no rain, this week to wash it out.  I have Geni's soccer clothing and boots and the keys to the field ( which I have just collected.)  I have the game card prepared.  I will be leaving here around 8am so it will pay to have it all ready.

In the oven I have a 2kg blade roast which has been slow cooking for two hours after marinating in lemon, olive oil, garlic and thyme and oregano.  The aroma is a luscious invitation to slurp and eat until the rich juices dribble down my chin.  I am aware of this as I think of how I know Geni's father claims he is driving her up for the game.  If he does I will be shocked because it will mean he has made an effort for her.  It will also mean I will be there with him, his girlfriend and people I am used to spending my time with.  If he does not drive her, then I doubt she will arrive on time.

Me and my pondering.

Terminator, Salvation was enjoyable. SlumdogMillionaire  was astounding.   Two whole more days.  

3 comments:

  1. That roast sounds wonderful. What time do we eat? lol. Wish her good luck at the Soccer game. Hope her team wins. Yay! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he beef i for lunches during the wek. It filled the house with the aroma as I slow cooked it until it almost fell apart. I sliced and packed it into individual serves before I went to bed and froze it ( except for two for lunch today!!) I hope her dad DOES driver her..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roast does sound delicious. How did the game go?

    ReplyDelete