Sunday 12 April 2009

A breather, finally

This has to be one of the most hectic times I have ever had in my life,  over Easter break.  Absolutely everything is out of the old apartment.  It is bare except for all that it came with.  And everything is in the new place = NOT all unpacked, but in.

The kitchen is unpacked.  After moving our fridge I have let it settle and have attacked it with bleach and cleanser and it is having a good air.  So coffee is black and food is fresh or bought out as we need and want it for the moment.  The pantry is full of the dry food stores and baking supplies; the spice cupboard is as it should be; the crockery has been stowed as have the plastic ware and the pots and pans and bakeware; the glassware and coffee mugs are stowed.

The dining room was a sea of bags and boxes and is nOW a dining room with a few remaining boxes but they are diminishing each time I walk through, grab one and stow the items therein where they should be.  

We have a lounge room.  it only has three boxes of books that need a home but has a lounge area and entertainment area as well as a conversation nook - in fact I am curled up on the corner of the lounge listening to the birds sing in the morning and peacefully typing my first update in days.

The entry hall still needs the console body brought up fro downstairs.  The drawers eagerly await it and I have the vase for the flowers waiting also.  

The linen closet and the bathrooms are unpacked.  The wardrobe which is mine is unpacked and ready for my needs.  The girls each have their things in their bedrooms but as they are away this week, they can arrange their room to suit themselves when they get here.

We did a run up to storage an hauled out my easels and paints which we will set up in a corner downstairs. We brought down also the outdoor setting ( the small one) which sits on the back verandah just outside the dining room - a perfect nook to sit and welcome the morning over he uninhabited ( by humans) and bushed valley and watch the clouds call the sun out to play.  The valley fills with clouds to the brim each autumn morning - so I know where clouds are born.  But I digress.

We plan to go up to storage again and largely empty it ; this will be one less expense and we now have a large enough place to house the bits and pieces.  

There is a room downstairs adjacent to the rumpus area which Tony has claimed as his lock away office area.  This place is large enough that everyone need not get on top of one another and that will help ease tensions I suspect.   

In the downstairs section we will set up another television and hook up the x box and Wii as well.  The girls can disappear there with their friends.

Back to work tomorrow.



8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting settled in, and things are falling into place nicely for you. YAY! I always liked unpacking, and getting the things in their proper places. Back to work for me, too, tomorrow. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, impresive. You seem like a very organized person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds marvelous! My daughter will be moving at the end of the month, too.... the present renters are still in the new place. I will help, of course, but it's going to be quite a mess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a process and there is no way to make the process any easier is there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the photos once yáll get it all situated.

    It sounds like things are going to be great now that you are able tobreathe and enjoy your new space.

    It definitely sounds promising doesn't it?

    Love you*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been able to read you in a while. I do miss keeping up with your life. Last I checked there was man trouble - I suspect that is true no more and you have found a new abode?

    ReplyDelete
  7. major accomplishment that it's settled!!

    ReplyDelete