Saturday 25 April 2009

Post sleepover stunned state

Yes, last night saw the new house filled to the brim with 13 and 14 year old females.  Our fridge has been temperamental since we moved it; sometimes the fridge section works, but the freezer works al the time.  Yesterday it was JUST the freezer so maggie went into plan f, g, h.  Cooling small individual drinks in short sharp freezer spells, only cooking the mountains of food at the last moment and being creative in packaging and saving leftovers.

Needless to say, everyone ate far too much and there is enough food left over to feed the rets of us for the coming week.  

And I am relaxing and reading

5 comments:

  1. I will never forget when my ex did a "speed chill" in the freezer of beer.... and forgot the bottle! What a mess!

    Sounds like it was a successful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had little individual bottles of cola and creaming soda and some apple and orange juice packs. So it worked well and once chilled I transferred to the non working fridge section and it kept things in there coolish too. it worked with only minimal fraying of nerves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your creativity is great! I bet the 13-14 year olds had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my moments.. I had a minor stress meltdown during my 6 hour cooking marathon but once that was over and the kinder fed and watered and involved i being teenagers with their friends, I relaxed and the knots unloosened in me. I am getting better at unknotting. I also expect strange and odd things to happen and always have a plan b, c, and d percolating somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity saved the day. ;-) Glad you were able to relax a little. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete