Saturday 18 April 2009

Unpacking my life

Finally, a full week after the move, this place is beginning to look and feel like home.  I still find myself scrubbing walls and skirting boards, as layers of life's leavings show up and as I "see" them, I scrub them into cleanliness.

Window sills, skirting boards and a farm of breeding recycle bags, folded within bags.  

The bedroom looks and smells and feels like mine.  My clothing and jewellery have their own places assigned and everything is where it should be.

The kitchen is unpacked and functioning, as a kitchen and the first meals cooked and demolished as fast as they came form the stove top oven.

The entrance hall has my flavour and little pieces of my paintings or ornaments welcoming any who arrive. Geni and Leonnie arrived back last night to a flurry of assembling and ordering their rooms and furniture and much list making as to what else they may need.

The longeroom is and has functioned as a lounge the entire time, but the dvd collection has been unpacked and the display cabinet is being used for sorting for the moment. The rumpus downstairs is beginning to find some order as the bits are moved elsewhere and the collection of bags diminished.

It will all come together, I am  sure.

7 comments:

  1. It's a lengthy process but take your time, so everything has its proper place. Glad your things are finding places, and it's starting to feel like your new home. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday I helped my daughter shop for things at IKEA for her new home, which she moves into the first weekend of May, with her girls, without her hubby..... :-( Of course I will be helping her as much as I can.

    I'm glad YOU are getting settled! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there to help too Dorrie. I wish her all the best in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like everything is coming together, and I know it looks lovely. How is everyone else settling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely thing to bring a house together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it's the last unpacking you'll have for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be lovely, eventually. I am working on it!!! And yes M, it is a satisfying thing when it all comes together!! Amen, Kate!!

    ReplyDelete