Thursday 2 April 2009

To do List

As tomorrow morning we have a "showing" at 10am, I need to be out of here with the unit looking pristine, by 9.45am. So, here I am on a friday night, vaccuuming throughout, dusting/polishing and the last thing I do is slosh over a wet disinfected mop. I have checked every room and it looks like a show home. Although I like being tidy and organised and I love coming home to an aestheticaly pleasing place, I have no illusions that living with a 14 year old will support MY wants.

They are NOT needs.
They are wants.

The bottom line is that she is more important.
Although there is occasional frustration along this journey!

I am updating and checking my Farm World crops ( facebook flash game which has become extremely satisfying for me these last few weeks!!) HOW DOES ONE SPELL ADDICTED???

I m checking through cupboards and bagging and boxing and adding to a large ( huge) bag for turfing. if the girls or I have not used it or worn it in a year WHY are we keeping it?

The lease is signed at 3pm tomorrow.
Then I have a week and a couple of days to move in.

Exciting.

And although not hot it is oppressively humid and I am turning into a humid puddle as I swelter and type this.

friday night.
Once I get settled, friday night will be a time to go dancing.

I yearn to dance.

What do you yearn for?

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh...take me dancing with you. I love to dance, too, and haven't been dancing in about 6 years. Have fun! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yearn?

    Hmmm...I yearn for a nice quiet afternoon on the beach at the end of my block.

    No cares, worries or stress.

    I completely yearn for this more than you will ever know. I run on that same beach and it isn't the same as being in the water having a good time.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure I'll take you dancing with me. I am taking my girls ( or are they taking me??) Bony you so deserve that. Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been yearning for a horse ride. It is quite a long way to the farm (a good seven hour drive). But this morning, I went and rode a mate's wifes horse whilst she was getting her other nags ready for a jumping comp. I feel v relaxed after it. Enjoy your dancing - I can't, so I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When all is settled my friend, you should dance. I know how much you love it, and it's about time you went out and danced danced danced!!

    I'm excited about your new home, and know that you'll be glad when all is settled and your moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new place looks grand, Maggs! I don't envy you all the packing, tho.

    Yearn.. hmmm. A pleasant Spring day with lots of color.

    ReplyDelete