Tuesday 21 April 2009

Morning when I would normally....

Now, usually I have my head down and tail p inside a CBD skyscraper facing NOT outward.    Here I sit at home, watching the rain drift across the uninhabited valley behind me and listening to the rain pater and whisper against the back verandah.  The valley is brimful of clouds.

Geni stayed last night with Nadia and Erin ( at Nadia's house) and today is at Erin's place ( 2 suburbs away).  We mothers have developed a group of safe parents who we know will be there with the girls as they are at such a precarious age.  13/14.   Not all the girls in their friendship group have parents who care where they are or what they are doing, so we who do are making sure we communicate to ensure the girls are cared for and always have a safe person there in some way.  The girls all play soccer together as well.   Geni we will collect from Hornsby around 4.20 this evening and we have not christened Thursday - yet!!

Today, Leonnie and I are home and Leonnie is still sleeping while I have indulged my Farm Town addiction and am finally catching up on email to those I have neglected over the time of the move and resettling and reading my way through their lives as I miss them so much!!  I am still pottering and puttering in sorting and throwing away and recycling.

Leonnie is having a birthday sleepover on Friday night and I am preparing menu and ideas for this as well.    Leonnie can sleep until she wants to wake - there is no pressure here and no need not to indulge. 

Even on holiday I have managed 7 loads of washing and even dropped into work to set up for a skype visual training session yesterday morning ( how does one spell brownie points??)   But the rest of this week is mine and the girls and I am extremely grateful for this.     

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy tte peace and quiet, and let the rain be your background noise. Sounds blissful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, enjoy the peace as long as you have it. Girls at that age are.... well, you know *wink*...and it's great that you and the other mothers care so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes girls, I know well what little people that age can be..why they think they have to "lie" or just leave out things amuses me... errhmmmm we were once that age too. Inconceivable as they believe it!! It IS truly blissful and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A week off...good for you! I hope you get some rest. After all the turmoil and moving, you deserve some R&R.
    I haven't figured out how to play Farm Town yet, but I got started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest? What is that?LOL. I am finalising the fiddly lat bits of the unpack and placement and finding homes after the post move cull - non fitting clothing for us all, things none of us have opened touched or looked at in at least a year, bits of clipping I have kept for some unknown reason... bits of memories... and the post move wash and fold, and the pre 13 year old sleepover preparations.

    ReplyDelete