Wednesday 1 April 2009

a Quick intake of breath and an update

I should be beginning to dismantle my life and my house and pack it into boxes and bags to cart away to stow carefully and thoughtfully under the next roof I will make into a home but here I sit tapping away a little update just to let you all know I am thinking of you.

Winter lies in wait up ahead and I feel it in the early morning chill and the ribbons of rain driven at and through me these last three days. My shoes from two days ago are STILL soaked through and I feel permanently sodden ( not monsoonal and fungal - just drenched!!) Sydney gray winter...I feel you building around me.

I have been offered the house I applied for and a holding deposit has been paid and now I wait for a signing date. Once I have that - then I need to hire a truck and have the boxes packed. In two weeks, this place which has been my home for a year will no longer be my home.

And it is okay.
Back to packing and marking.

9 comments:

  1. not wanting to sound too much like a hippy they are just walls we exist in it is you and yours that make the home

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter will soon be in the process if leaving her home of 7 years to move into a small apartment with her girls. Yep, she's taking that big step... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, my comment is not meant to minimize your pain... it's just something similar happening in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is never fun, but once you make the transition, and you're settled in, you'll get back on a normal track. If I were there, I'd help you in whatever ittle way I could. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorrie, I know. And it doesn;t minimise. I am not in pain. I am at peace and walking through an open door. I wish your daughter and the girls well. You can make the coffee Xanadu and keep me well supplied.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahh I'm so happy to hear that you found something. I didn't know. This is great! I can't wait to hear the details.

    *Hugs* I wish I lived nearby so I could help you pack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your comment you wrote Maggs: "I am at peace and walking through an open door".
    I admire your wonderful attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU JUSTFLY. THE RESULT OF MUCH LIFE LIVED I SUSPECT, THIS ATTITUDE OF MINE. Maggs ( oops cap lock!)

    ReplyDelete