Wednesday 8 April 2009

why no Moving Blues?

It seems I hear moans and groans of "oooooOOOOOo I am not looking forward to this - insert big sigh here-" etc all around me, while as I demolish, empty and bag a lifetime of myself and others, I feel lighter and excited and more energised.

Change.
It calls to me and whispers possibilities and I spark and arch into it, ready willing and eager for the newness.  

A new palette for the domestic artist I am to hone my skills against and fill with tastes and morsels of we who inhabit, for a short time, this shell. 

I sip my morning coffee, times three.  Tony has gone to collect the van which we have in our possession from 10am today until 10am Saturday morning.    Geni is sleeping in - the first day of her Term 1 holidays ( a day earlier than the rest of her class and school. )  he is a good help hefting and hoiking and carrying.  I am chief box/bag filler and emptier extraordinaire.  

Tess is taking Mum to the hairdresser and shopping and then will come over and she and I together will unpack the kitchen and stow it into homely readiness.   The packing is calling me.  Again.

Pandy, Amy and AJ are coming over tomorrow after Church.  We will move the largest stuff then.  We have photographed the condition of the place as we move in and are completing the Ingoing Report.  So far, the only thing we agree on is that the blinds in the loungeroom are clean and working. Everything else we looked at or tested doesn't work and isn't as stated in the report handed to us by the agent. THIS should be fun!!

My mind is moving 10 to the dozen, planning and thinking.  

A big deep breath and I am back into it. 

The joy of this!!!
Home again.

4 comments:

  1. Packing is a chore, but unpacking after you are in a new place is always fun to me. It's like a fresh new start, and I hope you feel the same way. Enjoy your new home. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter is moving out around May 1 into a new place, with her girls. Guess who "volunteered" to help! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, that sms it up beautifully. Dorrie if I was close enough,I too would volnteer!! Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggs! I so miss you girl.I'm sorry I haven't gotten here quicker.However, I've made it nonetheless (big smiles).

    First of all? if I haven't said it before, I've thought it...I love the names of your girls.
    Plus? where are you moving to? And I certainly hope it goes well for you.Moving can be a pain, but exciting to:)

    Glad your mom is up and out-getting her hair done.It makes a better image than the latter, when she was laying in the hospital at one time.
    Indeed the sunshine DOES come out eventually.Doesn't it? (Warmly smiles).

    Take care my dear friend.I'll talk with you soon again.

    ReplyDelete