Tuesday 12 May 2009

Homework Leftovers





Geni and Leonnie did "homework" and took over the lounge room Saturday evening.  It was such a joy to me to see them choosing to do this without being nagged and together and companionable as well.  

They even cleaned up the mess.

These small moments an small things slip by us if e do not capture them.  It does not have to be with a camera, but life races by so quickly, I want to hug to me every happy moment.

Right now I am having my first coffee of the day and sitting in my winter layers.  Tights, leggings, a shirt, an overdress, a cardigan ( and I haven't even thrown on my coat yet.   Yes.  Winter lives with us right now.  Still, it is winter without snow and with chilly early mornings and after darks but lovely long blue mild days.

Wednesday and after work we will pop out to see Mum.  I am so grateful for each and every moment we have with her after nearly losing her last year.  My CE lost her Grandpa last night so I am too aware of mum.  

7 comments:

  1. and I'm about to disappear to dreamland lol The darn timezones can really get confusing.

    Looks like they really had fun doing "homework"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious moments Maggs. My nest will be empty (although we have an exchange student for the year 2009-2010). Enjoy these moments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bobby, I so collect each and every moment like this for exactly those reasons. Sleep well Dorrie!! Mggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they really got into their work. Wow. lol. As long as they cleaned up after themselves, no harm done.

    I get cold just reading about all the clothes you're wearing. I am anticipating some warm days here. It got to 70 F. today, but the wind is so strong that it feels much colder. Almost all the blossoms on the apple and pear trees in my yard are blanketed over the driveway, and it looks like it's covered with snow. Ack. Ha. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D, it is only early morning and evening that we are aware of the cold. Otherwise we really are fortunate. Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is even a little chilly in Qld - and glad to hear that they cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like capturing the small happy moments. Simple ones that pass us by. Simple ones that can leave those warm fuzzies deposits in our hearts.
    Here it is second week of May and I am freezing in my home. Obviously Mother Nature has forgotten a few tibbits of Winter, she needs to come back and collect them all and send ALL of them Down Under for a few months!
    I am only giving it a few more hours to warm up before I give in and turn back on the heat!
    Wishing you a happy day Maggs!

    ReplyDelete