Wednesday 6 May 2009

One pair of socks

On my toes and feet the last couple of days, whenever I have been at home, has resided a fantastic pair of thick black socks with an ankle collar of fake fur.    I am someone who feels the cold, yet these socks have radically transformed my winter experience.  

My feet are warm, therefore I am warm as toast - seemingly all over and sometimes even hot!!  

These socks are special because they arrived in Australia from a special friend and dear lady; Lori in the Netherlands.  I want to say what a special and thoughtful friend she is, but more than that - even though these arrived in the midst of my summer, now winter is here they are a true blessing.  And each time I pull them on, I think of her and the gift of her friendship.

If it were not for the net and happenstance, and so many other "ifs" this friendship would not have started and grown.    Lately I have been enormously busy ( as has she) but I want her to know and all of you I have grown to know and love and look for, that if I may be a tad absent, it is only temporary and I think of you even if I am unable at this time to spend as much time reading you as I would prefer.  

8 comments:

  1. What a nice gift. Thoughtful! When my feet are cold, I am cold all over. When my feet are warm, I'm toasty all over, so I know what you mean. Enjoy the socks! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you write about feeling regret for being absent for your online friends, because I came here tonight to express a similar sentiment to you.

    You are, without a doubt, one of my most loyal followers, and you are always there with a reply to anything I write. Conversely, I haven't left you a comment in months! I came here to say that even though I haven't left any comments, I have been stopping by and keeping up with your life. You may not always see me, but I am here.

    Now that school is ending and other things are resolving as well, I look forward to being a bit more friendly when I drop in.

    Until then, keep those tootsies warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know keeps running away from us all. I am as usual trying to be in several places at once
    you take care of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you are enjoying them. I have them in red, and I love them too. I love you my friend, and I can't tell you how much you have richly blessed my life.

    *hugs* xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MISS you. All of you whom I spend time with. You are important to me. Your life, your happiness. I care for each and every one of you. Maggs. And those socks are a true dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. not being familiar with these cold weather thingamobbies...I encourage you to photograph said present so that I may stare, fascinated, at the ingenuity and art of my fellow humans and their attempts to deal with the cold. Rather than move to the warmth, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, Burst and I know the climate I live within and with is mild and temperate. The days are sunny and warm ( I do not require an overcoat or anything padded during the day. Evenings, however, see a need and a dleight in warmth and swaddling - oh, and cuddling.

    ReplyDelete