Friday 15 May 2009

Weekday mornings...the start









I wake before the sun so many time.  

The alarm is set for 5.30am however I am usually awakes before it and turn it off so as not to disturb those sleeping.

Around the house I pad, barefoot or sock clad.  I know (even after such a short time) the sounds and sighs of the floorboards in this place, so I walk so as not to creak and clack.  The house and I conspire to ensure the others sleep still, while I quietly fill these first hours.

The jug in the kitchen sings and bubbles a burbling song while I visit the bathroom for my shower.  My clothing has patiently sat on a chair near the loungeroom doorway all night eager for the day ahead, and on my way back to the kitchen I layer the clothing dropping my night wear into the dirty linen basket.   I pick up my earrings and necklace, sitting beside my clothing and attach and drape them as I pad to make my coffee.

On the way through I turn on my laptop and sign in making coffee and Geni's lunch while it works its way into wakefulness.  We sit together and I take my first coffee moments o read those I am able to, check my Farm Town crops and always keeping an eye on the time.

I check my bag ( or bags) ensuring I have everything I need.
I take Geni's lunch to her and kiss her hello then head into my morning.

The images above show my morning, currently. Right up to the short bus ride to the station.


3 comments:

  1. 0530! You are hardcore. And you also sound more organised than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lermie, I have had to be - I had a small army of offspring to coordinate and wrangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my alarm also goes off at 5:30 am and I often wake before it, and even on weekends.... I never seem to be able to sleep in. I don't have to be quiet for anyone, but otherwise my routine is much the same as yours.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete