Tuesday 24 March 2009

Deep Thoughts

1. On my left hand, the pad at the base of my thumb aches as if strained. We don't often think about this part of our hand and take it's function and functioning and all it helps us accomplish for granted. Sometime late last week I twisted or strained something and the ache is deep in that part of my hand. But also, if I turn the hand to do something up or undo it - the hand yells at me ( silently). This morning while dressing for work, I thought of all those aged souls who struggle with chronic pain every day as they try to dress and undress. I am grateful for this window into understanding others.

2. Love. What is it? What does it mean? When someone hurts you in a childish and selfish way, how do you react? What do you do? I have been faced with a deep choice. How am I able to manifest love? What best is true to my authentic voice? What is right for me to do, here?

3. Forgiveness. Forgiveness is not easy but can be rewarding. But forgiveness is a choice and a letting go of anger. Forgiveness opens the door to grace and peace, but not without a cost. All the stories one reads, so few talk of the cost of truly loving. Forgiveness is a journey.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh the aching thumb pad is brutal...

    Forgiveness is something you do for yourself.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sort of ache is a good reminder to be kinder to yourself. *wry smile*

    What is Love? I think the answer is different for everyone. The correct questions (to me) are, "What is my definition of Love, and what does Love mean to me?"

    Forgiveness is a process. And as Bobby says, it is definitely something you do for yourself. For myself, it was important to remember (and deal with) the knowledge that forgiveness doesn't mean forgetting. *shrugging shoulders* I had to weigh whether or not the cost of staying was more than that of leaving.

    I as always haveyou and your family in my heart thoughts and prayers everyday.

    {{hugs}} and much love- Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the thumb gets better. You know about my chronic pain, right? So I can relate to how this must feel for you.

    I have something taped to my bathroom mirror, entitled "LET IT GO!" Underneath, it says the following, and I try to live by this...Hold a grudge and you'll slowly poison yourself with toxic thoughts. Instead, learn to forgive, lose the anger and set yourself free.

    This was recently in a magazine I red regularly, and I had to clip it and put it up as a reminder to forgive other people, and hope they forgive me, as well. Forgiveness can be liberating. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me, love is always putting the other first. Reciprocated love is when they put your happiness first. When it happens as it should, it strikes a balance.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgiveness is the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete