Monday 16 March 2009

If

If he is dismal and depressed, because he

has heaps of tax work to do
too little money
me

Why does he persist?

I have asked him to come back.
I have asked him to drop by anytime.
I have arranged an appoint ment with a counsellor.
I have asked him twice to meet.

Where is his initiative?
Where is HIS doing to fix this?

Each day that goes by adds to the hurt and the ache.

Have you seen a cross sectioned bungee cord?
My feelings right now, are like that.
Each time he says or does something selfish or distancing or judgmental another strand breaks.

Eventually, love notwithstanding, the door will no longer be open.
It does not mean the love ends.
It means I stop allowing it and him to hurt me any more.

3 comments:

  1. I'd send him bungee jumping with a frayed cord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people are just selfish
    you do all the running and fixing
    and they will let you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that amazes me is that he dies not see it this way. But that is his lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete