Thursday 19 March 2009

Vignettes

I went to Geni's soccer training and loved every second of it. The coach and his assistant have a new ball girlie (me) and the hour and a half of running around made very cell in my body tingle. As the manager I set up a blog for the team to communicate which makes getting in touch with everyone and answering questions absolutely easy. So Thursday painted a grin on my face. Geni went "home" with Nadia (school mate) and Nadia's mum dropped then at soccer and after wards dropped Geni and I at the train for the 10 minute trip home. A piece of cake!!! Nadia's mum ( her name escapes me) loves dance as much as I do so I am working on convincing her to come dancing with me!! One never knows. One of the places we look at tomorrow is near Nadia and her family.

Due to good management and a determination to find a new home I have five appointments in the course of tomorrow (my Saturday). With good fortune I MAY just find my new home.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the soccer training went well. That can be your new workout. You'll lose weight running around after the ball. lol. (Yeah, like you need to lose weight!)

    Good luck with the search for a new place to live. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss coaching and playing soccer so much. My daughter has grown up and my coaching days in the leagues looks as if they are pretty well finished.

    I have always been able to impart the love of the game. As such, coaches have finite life cycles and it looks as if mine has come to a conclusion.

    The only team I coach now is a sandsoccer team that I have had since they were in 6th grade. Now they are all rising seniors. We only play one or two tournaments in the summer and that is it.

    My daughter retired this season (Her senior year) for fear of injury before she enters college.

    I don't blame her actually. Her High School coach is not very good. She has played varsity since 8th grade so I understand. I miss watching her compete on a high level. The travel leagues are much more competitive than the High school leagues.

    We met many of the women on the Olympic/pro circuit along the way.

    In terms of women's soccer our girls are the best in the world and have been for awhile although Germany and Brazil are just as good on any given day.

    Cheers Maggs,

    Bobby


    Enjoy these times. They go by quickly.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for DANCING! heehee

    good luck on finding the new home. And I love the positive attitude in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Di, Past a certain age one MUST always watch their weight ( and I do!!) and with a mum with osteo arthritis I am mindful I must use it or lose it!!! Bobby, life passes so quickle. As I mentioned more than ocne to Tony when he and Geni were tussling, we only have her for 4 years max, so why stress on the little things!!! Geni's coach is a blast and has played for 15 years himself and his daughter is a State player. Geni is playing for the first time ever ( her Dopey father never got them into anything as he came first!!) but she has natural talent and gives her best ( I wonder where she got that from??) My dad was a soccer player and he was quite good. I had so much fun that my mum wished she were younger and fitter. I bubbled with joy; outside, late summer busting with delight at Geni's effort and exercise... Delightful!! Dorrie I ADORE dancing.

    ReplyDelete