Sunday 29 March 2009

Notes from a busy life

1. The apartment we are currently renting is listed for auction on 18 April ( less than a month lead time. How does one spell "fire sale"? We have not be requested to leave but the intrusion and the constant state of perfection required to show the place is wearing at the least. Coming home to find things moved and hidden in "unknown" places is annoying. It took me three days to find a slip of paper I had sitting on top of a bookshelf so I could find it.

( I do not see this forced move as an imposition. It is time for a change. Time to think about buying as I know the rough area I would like to reside in. Although a short six month/12 month lease in that same area would not hurt.)

2. Amy graduates this evening and she is only allowed a limited number of seats. Mum, Tess, Pandy and I will all go. Geni will stay with Erik and the two little ones as a helper and to ensure she and Tony don't clash. There is war between those two; she sees him as needing to make an effort as HE left us. HE sees that she is "mean to him". Needless to say I am piggy in the middle and dislike this intensely. Geni eventually listens to me and realises that whatever Tony and I do, it is NOT her decision to make. There are lessons here for her along the lines of everything that happens is NOT all about her. Geni listens and considers what all this does to me. Tony sees he "gave up everything for her" when we took her in when her father threw her out. So therefore I am not sure what he expects or wants. I do know knocking on the door every minute when she showers does not lessen tension. I am grateful she wants to be clean!!! AND if it gets too much I will say or do something. Tony sees Geni as "ruling the household", and I see him descending to the level of squabbling child. My mantra is that the only way to win is NOT to play and I find myself in the middle trying to broker a peace. In the end Tony bites my head off and I pen my big mouth and tell him what I think of him.

3. I am NOT pretty when I open my mouth and a monster marches out dressed in my opinions, laced with feeling and high emotion.

4. I am glad it is Monday and I have work to focus on.

5 comments:

  1. I do not envy where you are in that particular situation. *sigh* I have been in a similar one not too long ago. I was 'the monkey in the middle' trying to keep my children from taking sides when my husband and I were going through a very difficult time...and they were a few years older than Geni! I'm glad you have so much love and support around you though. {{{hugs}}} Wish I was closer, and we could talk about things over a cup of coffee. *smiling*

    Keeping all of you (as always) in my heart, thoughts, and prayers- Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? Is Tony back with you? Yeah, it's tough being in the middle, whether it's a child between fighting parents, or a parent not wanting to side with their s/o over their child(ren). Tough situation to be in. Congratulations to Amy on her graduation. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony and I are considering being back together. We are seeing a counsellor and he is spending time at our place. But it is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that is stressful.

    Count to ten, then count to one hundred before you speak. I recall you are famous for having the bezerker temper when you have reached the boiling point.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. *nods** that's me Bobby.. Takes a lot to get there BUT...once I do...

    ReplyDelete