Sunday 1 March 2009

Morning 1

The night is ending.
It is still dark outside but the monday morning commuter traffic is my audible background interspersed with quiet lulls ( the phasing of the lights one suburb north!)

It has been a long night.
My daughters rallied round and gathered together with me to make sure I was afloat and not splintering. The noise level escalated accordingly. They came laden with their idea of comfort food, M&M's ( only orange ones), chocolate on chocolate ice cream, crisps, popcorn, a bbq chicken and fresh bread rolls.
I could not stomach food.
They ate heartily.

Tess was having a few contractions. It may stop and start but there are signs Abigail is not far away from being with us. In fact, I am surprised I was not called in the wee small hours.

But soon.

I am okay.
The kitchen is clean.
I have put away the washing.
I am sipping my first coffee.
I am not thinking too much.

6 comments:

  1. So glad your girls were there for you, to provide comfort food, even though you didn't have much of an appetite. Continuing to send hugs your way. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liek so many I stacked on a few pounds over Christmas. i suspect that wille ase off now. it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad you have your girls around you. That will help a little. Know you are loved and thought of- {{hugs}}~ Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you didn't feel much like eating, in the years to come, you will look back on your girls rallying around you with so much love, comfort food, and good intentions, and it will warm your heart when your heart isn't hurting so much.

    Isn't it funny how we can get into a frenzy of cleaning when faced with some of the turbulence of life? There is some good that comes from the hardship that way, I suppose. And as far as coping mechanisms to get us through those rough spots go, that may be one of the better options. :)

    I've been thinking of you throughout the day and saying prayers for you as I do. Day by day, things will get easier. Take it a day or a moment at a time.

    *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ina and Charmie. I am counting my blessings. I am trying to look at this with a clear head although my heart is sore. One moment at a time. Work is hectic right now and that is good. Forces me out of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggs,

    Now the picture is clearer. I am hurting like hell right along with you.

    I know you must be blown away. I also know you are a wonderful soul and there is someone who is behind door number 2 or 3 when you are ready to open it.

    Love,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete